With dimensions 1-3/4 x 2-3/4, this rounded profile has a grand, traditional style and can be found on p. 28 of our catalog. For those who are a bit rough around the edges when it comes to sanding (by the way this step can make or break the end quality of the moulding product), we called in a professional to share some valuable pointers. Pete from Absolute Framemakers in Los Angeles, CA shared that there are different sanding techniques for different finishes. Klingspor brand sandpaper is his weapon of choice, and he uses a palm sander to achieve the look and feel he is after. He suggests starting with a 100 grit and sanding to about 220 for most frames, and we thank him kindly for sharing the following specifics: if working with a clear wax, then take the grit up to 320 – this gives it a nice quality finish, which also looks glossy and feels ultra smooth. Pre-stained conditioners, along with water-based stains and paints will more than likely raise the grain, so once the grain is raised, then sand using 400 grit, then apply the stain. When using laquer or wax, do not sand inbetween stains or between the stain and top coat. Example: use 220 grit, apply pre-stained conditioner, then use 400 grit, stain, then apply top coat. The last bit of advice given is that when using a palm sander on picture frame moulding, be careful on the lip of the frame, as the slightest wrong move or too much pressure can cause curvature.
- Their characters can be animals or figures representing the theme of a particular city, such as Sourdough Sam, a gold mi
- It was a team building exercise to bully someone on the field who was considered “soft”, from the beginning of a game un
- And it’s not the only shadow he’s run from. Kaepernick sat during the national anthem before a preseason game in protest
- Breaux was only healthy for about the first half of the season opener against the Oakland Raiders before he broke his fi
- The Vikings defense will keep it close but Minnesota hasn’t won in Pittsburgh since 1995 and I don’t see it happening he